In The Pocket is a leading European digital product studio. We are a complete delivery organisation that defines, designs & ships digital products, strategies and software. We’re a lively bunch that’s up for any challenge: global cloud-based platforms, large audience apps, medical devices, banking software, augmented reality and much, much more. As long as it lives and breathes digital.
In The Pocket is ambitious and is growing rapidly in the European market. That’s why we’re on the lookout for a passionate Senior Business Developer based in The Netherlands to join our team.
As the first point of contact for our clients and prospects, you strive to understand their goals and challenges, while navigating them through the digital jungle. By helping them define, build and grow better digital products, you guide them towards a higher return on their investment in digital and get them thrilled about the opportunity to work with us.
In order to succeed, it’s vital that you're curious by nature: you’re eager to understand your client's strategy and plans, current trends, new technologies, our services and our way of working.
How’s this going to work?
Not to worry, you won’t tackle these challenges on your own. You will become a full-blown part of our sales and marketing team, backed up by other business developers, client partners and marketing strategists and will collaborate closely with our Country Lead NL. Additionally, you will work closely together with In The Pocket’s cross-functional product teams to understand and crack tough technical questions. With your own insights and experiences combined, you will detect fresh and exciting opportunities and ignite new collaborations.
You will be responsible for growing In The Pockets efforts in The Netherlands, which means:
- Identifying and connecting with digital decision-makers of top-tier businesses that should partner up with In The Pocket.
- Understanding the current digital business challenges companies face
- Thoroughly understanding the clients organisation, strategy and needs
- Working your way towards becoming a trusted advisor for prospects and clients
- Partnering up with your colleagues to identify and tackle opportunities.
- Leading the pre-sales process to shape creative, enticing and tailored offers in collaboration with a pre-sales team.
- Securing the budgets needed to create the best digital product possible in an iterative way
- You are passionate about digital and have a genuine interest in the client’s business needs and challenges
- Your curiosity has no limits and you’re able to pick things up quickly.
- Communication skills run through your veins. You’re a fluent and transparent communicator and you have no fear of speaking publicly.
- You can easily adapt and position yourself on the same level as your prospects.
- You speak English & Dutch fluently
- You are willing to travel to our offices in Belgium on a regular base
- You have experience in selling services or acting as a management consultant, preferably within a studio or agency environment
- You have a proven record in consultative selling. Any experience in the field of digital product services such as digital strategy, user experience design, machine learning or software engineering (Mobile, Web, XR, Cloud) is a plus.
- Negotiating complex deals doesn’t scare you off. Any experience with contractual terms and conditions and risk management comes in handy
- A prior relevant network of decision-makers within financial services, industry or life sciences is most welcome but not required.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.