As an experienced Angular developer you'll be working on cloud-native applications that support user-facing applications, integrate with various systems, and enable data intelligence. In a world where technology is evolving at an unprecedented (and ever-increasing) rate, it is crucial to have a modular, scalable, extendable cloud platform where updates can be deployed in minutes. It will be the responsibility of you and your team to build such a platform, using the most appropriate combination of cloud, application, and database technologies.
What you'll do:
- As a part of the team, you’ll be taking part in the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day, this means developing new user stories, fixing bugs, creating & reviewing pull requests, documenting your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), performing research, making suggestions for product improvements and communicating clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll be making sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable, and testable code is always a priority.
- One of your main tasks is it to implement complex web applications using Angular
- You engage in general problem-solving and pursuit of best practices within our agile teams
- Designing the integration between our frontend app and backend services is one of your responsibilities
- You work closely with our UI / UX experts and software architects
- Mentoring a junior developer in their journey to become excellent in developing web apps is part of your game
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and challenge the status quo
Who you are:
- You hold a master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- Several years of experience in a relevant role
- You have a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- You're a big fan of clean code and clean architecture, and you apply those principles to produce clean, readable and testable code.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adapt to change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your teammates.
- You understand the importance of application security and data security, and know how that affects your job.
- Excellent knowledge of Angular & TypeScript. Knowledge of React is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Docker.
- Excellent knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- Extended knowledge of unit tests and debugging techniques
- Firm understanding of UI / UX methods and approaches
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Redis, MongoDB, InfluxDB,.. is a plus.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.