The IT Lead is responsible for the evolution and the organization of IT within In The Pocket. In a digital age, it is crucial for any organization to have reliable digital infrastructure that is highly available, secure, performant and efficient. IT requires a sharp vision that anticipates the challenges that await us as we grow. It requires a well-oiled team that is able to overcome those challenges. And it requires making difficult decisions, by choosing between various business trade-offs. Therefore, the IT Lead is considered to be an important leadership position within In The Pocket.
You are a visionary and inspiring leader who is able to engage everyone in the community. Your leadership ensures our practices are market leading and evolve with trends and technologies. Your key responsibilities are grouped into 3 areas:
- Help the people in the IT team grow and excel, by defining career paths, discussing career aspirations, setting clear goals and expectations, and providing meaningful feedback.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence within the team, in line with our company values and our company’s mission.
- Play an active role in recruitment, partner with our Talent Team to address your team’s recruiting needs
Organization of the IT domain
- Support collaboration in our offices through an adequate digital infrastructure (network, servers, meeting rooms, guest registration, office registration,…)
- Facilitate the purchasing processes for software, hardware, and hosting
- Provide a secure digital identity for our employees and our customers
- Guard our business continuity, through both preventative and reactive measures
- Securing our data and our infrastructure, in a scalable way
- Providing support towards our employees
- Operate any production system that we manage ourselves
- Manage the selection, purchasing, configuration and operation (monitoring, tracking, insurance, …) of IT assets
- Install a proper IT budget governance, that includes forecasting and managing the budgets necessary for the evolution of the IT ‘domain’
- Facilitating the process for when we can adopt new technologies or services in a ‘real life context’
- You are accountable for delivery of your team and all planning aspects
- Help the team ship
- Your communication skills are excellent. This means listening, talking & writing.
- You are organized and composed, also when working under pressure
- You think in terms of solutions, never in terms of problems
- You come from a technical background. We want you to demonstrate affinity with and real passion for software development.
- People skills come natural to you
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.