At In The Pocket, we create better products for bigger futures. Machine learning and data science play a crucial role in that mission. We are looking for an ML Lead to guide our Machine Learning & Data practice in its next stages of growth.
As In The Pocket’s ML Lead, you will be responsible for leading and nurturing our Machine Learning & Data practice. Your key responsibilities are grouped into 4 areas:
- Practice building: you ensure we have the right expertise and knowledge management processes to deliver our ML and data services.
- Coaching: you are a coach and mentor for our ML Engineers, software engineers, data engineers, and strategists. You coach both on specific projects and in more general areas like career development.
- Commercial: you scope new ML opportunities with both existing and new clients. You actively support and inspire our Sales & Marketing team.
- Hands-on work: you remain actively engaged in client work as a senior ML Engineer. That way, you are able to keep up with new developments, spot opportunities, identify areas for improvement and lead by example.
- You are a visionary leader who is able to inspire both colleagues and clients about machine learning
- You have 5+ years of relevant applied experience in machine learning, data science or software engineering.
- You are a structured thinker, capable of taking on loosely defined challenges and converting complex reasoning into practical application for a range of audiences.
- You're a strong communicator who appreciates solid connections with teammates and partners. You get energy from mentoring and teaching people.
- You love working with clients as much as you like writing code and talking statistics
- You can illustrate your expertise in Data Science, Data Engineering, and operationalizing models to production environments
- You preferably have experience with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS
- You care about agile software processes, data development, reliability, and focused experimentation.
- You have a product mindset, and are driven by creating value for users.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.