As a Product Manager, you are responsible for defining products and features that seamlessly combine a great user experience, business benefits and emerging technologies. You are a pragmatic idealist in a way that you can envision the best possible outcome, but you know that you can only deliver value if you can ship products to users. In this particular position, you and your team are not just building the exterior of the car, but the engine: you will be working on platforms that support user-facing applications, integrate with various systems and enable data intelligence.
What you'll do:
- You have built up the tools & reflexes that allow you to build products, independently from technology or platform. You can competently identify the platform-specific opportunities and risks and how they might impact the product strategy.
- You have a good foundational knowledge of the technical fundamentals and can work with quality attributes. You’re able to facilitate technical discussions within your team.
Product Strategy & Definition:
- You have full ownership of the product discovery way of working and planning. You are responsible for ensuring its quality.
- You help define the quality attributes of your platform, together with the team. You ensure they are linked to the overall product strategy. You don’t just think about “What problem am I solving for my end-user” but also “What do we need to do if we need to be able to handle 100x the traffic?”
- You work closely with the team to understand, refine and articulate the product challenge(s) we’re trying to solve. You facilitate the exploration of multiple solutions to these challenges and help the team chose the best trade-off between business, user and technology. You know which tools and techniques are appropriate (e.g. workshops, design sprints, proof-of-concept, user research, data analysis).
- You prioritize the ideas into a roadmap together with the client and your team.
- You can facilitate the entire refinement process of a medium- to high complexity product e.g. a product spanning multiple platforms, multiple external dependencies and integrations, larger team sizes, complex user functionality. You ensure product requirements are clear and ready to implement in a timely manner.
- You ensure there is a continued & shared understanding of priorities and trade-offs. You take ownership of ensuring we don’t just shape quality products, but also ship them.
- Gathering insights is part of your default way of working (both qualitative and quantitative). You manage to leverage these insights with the team and client.
- You have as much empathy for the users who access the services you help build (e.g. internal or external developers) as you would for external customers of a user-facing application.
- You define the specific product success metrics most valuable for your product(s).
- You can use insights to identify improvements and achieve changes in the product strategy or roadmap.
Who you are:
- You have +3 years of experience in product management, working on digital products (mobile, web, cloud, …)
- Technical complexity and uncertainty don’t scare you. You have a good technical acumen and deeper understanding of the nuances and inner workings of software engineering (coding skills not required). You can deep-dive into technical complex topics with the help of your team, distill the impact on functionality and related opportunities/challenges, and translate this to business stakeholders.
- Agility has very few secrets for you. You understand and have mastered the PM role in an agile, cross-functional team.
- You have the ability to prioritize. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organized way.
- You are a strong communicator and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders.
- You are confident and comfortable in a client-facing role.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.