Want to spend your summer or first semester at one of Europe’s finest digital product studio’s? Look no further, you’re in the right place. In The Pocket is on the lookout for a student with a passion for brand and digital design to help us elevate our brand.
In the internship, we’ll give you a first-hand feel of what it is like to be a part of a fast-paced and innovative team. This opportunity exceeds conventional design internships thanks to a laser focus on Brand & Digital Design. You’ll gain experience in everything from high-level strategic design to the execution of crucial design assets for our marketing campaigns and the In The Pocket website. You’ll be part of the Marketing team and work closely together with In The Pocket’s product design team.
What you'll do:
- You support the marketing & design team in bringing In The Pockets brand to life across all our touch points such as marketing outings, sales presentations, talent assets and internal design initiatives.
- You get the chance to contribute to the design work for our annual event Shift or other exciting events that are on our planning.
- You dive into our In The Pocket website, designing case studies and working on online campaigns
Who you are:
- You are pursuing (or already have) a degree or program in Design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentational
- Photo, illustration, and/or motion experience will get you extra points
- Web design knowledge or high interest is a strong plus
- You are available to work a minimum of 6 weeks during the summer break (July - September) or the first semester (September-February).
- According to governance regulations, you’ll partly work from home and from our Ghent, Leuven or Antwerp office
What to expect:
- Experience & Growth: You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, product owners and strategists on one of our current projects (think: Itsme, PayconiqbyBancontact, Colruyt, …). You will be exposed to as many aspects of our internal processes as possible within your summer job. This is the ideal way to hone and develop your professional skills.
- Mentorship: You will be assigned to a mentor who will guide you the way through your time at In The Pocket.
- Learning & Development: We take the lead in designing and building with new technologies and share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible. That is why we want to take you on our learning journey. Join our bi-weekly lunch talks, hackathons, conferences and more.
- And a lot of fun: We really want our students to be a part of In The Pocket. Join our afterworks, Friday drinks, off-site events and much more.
On a personal level, we are looking for a student who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving are in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to moving forward.
- Team: As individuals, we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.