The world of mobile has little to no secrets for you? Can you flutter - pun intended - between customer’s requests and putting them to practice in a mobile app? Well, you might be the one we’re looking for. In The Pocket has a seat available at the table for a Flutter Mobile Developer who can lift us to higher levels. In your role as a Flutter Mobile Developer, you’ll be able to actively build some of the best mobile applications out there. Of course, you won’t be working alone. You’ll get to work with some exceptional mobile developers and be part of an inspiring multidisciplinary team. Do you have the ‘can-do-mindset’ and an infectious team spirit? Do not hesitate. Get in touch with us!
- As part of the team, you’ll contribute to the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day you'll develop new user stories, fix bugs, create & review pull requests, document your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), perform research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll make sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Excellent knowledge of Flutter (or eagerness to learn)
- Able to write well-documented and clean Dart code. Affinity with maintaining and evolving a codebase to nourish high-quality code
- Familiar with state management: MVVM, module-based architecture, ...
- Able to consume a GraphQL or REST API
- Able to persist data across app sessions using key-value storage, file storage and database storage
- Good understanding of reactive programming using RxDart
- Familiar with writing tests for your application: unit tests, widget tests and integration tests
- Knowing how to make your app accessible to all users (screen readers, devices with reduced motion or transparency) is a very welcome addition.
- Familiar with one or more CI/CD environments: Jenkins, Gitlab, Github, etc. Knowing your way around Fastlane to build & deploy your app comes in handy.
- Having the knowledge required to write native plugins in Swift or Kotlin is an asset
- Having a background in native iOS and/or Android development is a big plus (e.g. experience with Xcode, Gradle, Android Studio)
In The Pocket is organized in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level, we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.