Are you great at transforming product requirements into immersive progressive web apps? Do you want to share your knowledge and build top-notch solutions with our expert developers? Read on, because we might just have a spot for you at our table.
As a Web Developer, you’ll be working on some of the most challenging interfaces as part of a team that loves to create beautiful digital products that make people happy and businesses grow. Do you have an excellent knowledge of front-end technologies (ES6, react.js, redux, ...) and are you up for a challenge? Do you love working in a multidisciplinary team, using the newest technologies and with a big focus on quality? Then don’t hesitate & apply now
- As part of the team, you’ll contribute to the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day you'll develop new user stories, fix bugs, create & review pull requests, document your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), perform research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll make sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Work with a subset of technologies currently on our Tech Radar, as well as exploring new ones.
- You hold a master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- You have a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- You're a big fan of clean code and clean architecture, and you apply those principles to produce clean, readable and testable code.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adopt to change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your teammates.
- Able to write well-documented and clean Typescript code
- Affinity with maintaining and evolving a codebase to nourish high-quality code
- You love the whole React ecosystem when it comes to creating interactive applications.
- Experience with Next.js or other static site generation / server side rendered frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of, or interest in, React Native is a huge plus.
- You're able to use CSS either directly or via framework to create applications and sites that work on any device.
- Able to consume REST and GraphQL APIs
- Being able to contribute to the codebase of a REST or GraphQL API is a huge plus
- Experience with headless CMS systems, via GraphQL or an SDK, is another bonus point.
- Familiar with writing tests for your application: Jest unit tests, component tests with react-test-renderer or testing-library/react
- Knowledge of E2E testing with Cypress, Puppeteer or Playwright is even better
- We focus on creating accessible applications and sites, so knowing how to make your app/site accessible to all users (screen readers, devices with reduced motion or transparency) is a bonus.
- You use the correct semantic markup to make sure applications work for everyone
- Affinity with WCAG guidelines, accessibility testing and ARIA are a plus
- Familiar with one or more modern CI/CD environments: Gitlab CI, Github Actions, Circle CI, etc.
- You've used or are interested in modern deployment platforms: Google Cloud, Vercel, Netlify
- You understand how backends work in Node.js or are even able to contribute
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.