As a Product Manager you are responsible for defining products and features that seamlessly combine a great user experience, business benefits and emerging technologies. You are a pragmatic idealist in a way that you can envision the best possible outcome, but you know that you can only deliver value if you can ship products to end users.
As a Product Manager at In The Pocket, you will work in a cross-functional product team with a crystal-clear mission: create digital products that make people happy and businesses grow. You help realise your team's mission by taking on the following responsibilities:
Product vision & strategy
- you understand the client's long-term business strategy, and incorporate this into the product strategy & roadmap
- you make sure the vision and strategy are understood and shared by entire team and all stakeholders, by sharing it in an engaging way
- you detect challenges & opportunities on the client's long-term business strategy, and share them with the team
Product discovery & definition
you translate strategic goals and recommendations into tangible products and features
- you lead product discovery workshops with the client & team
you prioritise products and features into high-level versions based on strategic priority
you validate your work with key stakeholders to keep everyone aligned and on the same page
- you ensure that high-level product requirements are broken down into small and easy to implement chunks of work, allowing the product to be built and delivered in an effective way.
- you make sure roadmap items are elaborated and 'ready for development' in a timely manner.
- by closely following up with clients, project managers and the development team, you make sure that we don’t just shape great products, but also ship great products
Product success & growth
- you identify, track and analyse key product success metrics
- you are able to adapt the high-level roadmap priorities in order to positively impact these metrics
Represent the end user
you represent the interests of end users towards different stakeholders, both internal and external, to make sure their needs are met
you show leadership in best practices around user-centered design, standard user behaviour and user expectations towards different stakeholders, both internal and external
- You have +3 years experience in Digital Product Management or Service Design
- You are able to develop a full understanding of a company's business strategy, assess how a digital product can support that strategy and translate this in concrete objectives for the product.
- You have a solid understanding of human-centered design and best-practices in digital customer experience
- You understand the fundamentals of digital technology (mobile, web, cloud ...) and have a thing for emerging technologies (AR/VR, AI, voice ...)
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Experience with: agile development processes, cloud products or platform product management are considered a plus
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.