As a solution architect, you have the ability to grasp the complexity associated with modern platform solutions, and break it down into simpler, understandable bits towards both engineers as well as business stakeholders. You're able to facilitate the architectural processes, identifying desired qualities and constraints, ensuring risks and trade-offs are discussed within the team(s) and guiding business stakeholders to take informed decisions.
- It's your responsibility to ensure that the architecture of the products you're assigned to is sound, well-understood and continues to evolve in a direction that best support the business case.
- To a great extend, that means facilitating the architectural debate, ensuring the architectural decisions are made consciously and its trade-offs (or derived risks) are well understood, both internally (towards the involved teams) as externally (towards our client's stakeholders).
- As a "coding architect", you're not afraid to help out with software engineering yourself (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You're a reliable partner for your sales colleagues during pre-sales, capturing the need of our prospects and crafting our offer towards that need.
- Master in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or related)
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a software engineer and a solution architect
- You're familiar with the principles of Domain Driven Design (DDD), and the principles, opportunities and challenges of modern architectural paradigms such as microservices and event driven architectures. And you know how to apply them.
- From a technical point of view, you have a broad knowledge in terms of technologies; allowing you to collaborate efficiently with experts while being able to assess the impact of a technological choice on the architectural design. Amongst others, this should include:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Serverless deployments
- Databases systems (relational, document, key/value, graph, search, datawarehouse,..) and data engineering frameworks
- Messaging & eventing systems
- Connectivity & networking concepts
- Communication protocols and technologies (HTTP, WS, REST, OAuth, OIDC, SAML, gRPC, graphql,...)
- You're familiar with the challenges posed by creating secure software and how to manage them (OWASP, threat modelling, SAST, DAST, ..)
- You've got proven experience with common software engineering practices (Continuous integration, continuous delivery, devops, SDLC,... ) and architecture modelling practices (UML, EER, Swagger... ).
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, embrace change and learn from past experiences. Drawing on a whiteboard to facilitate a debate comes natural to you.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your team mates.
- You have an affinity with product design and engineering top-notch digital products.
- You’re able to handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself. On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.