As an Enterprise Architect at In The Pocket, you help to shape the long-term architectural vision that allows our clients to realize their digital ambitions. Together with our client and with other experts in strategy, product, design, architecture, and engineering, you will facilitate the architectural process for new value propositions, business models, digital platforms, or services.
Understand the bigger picture
- You take the lead in understanding a client’s needs or help them better understand their needs.
- In doing so, you seamlessly bridge the business and technological perspectives.
- You identify the key requirements for success and how these influence the desired enterprise architecture.
- You don’t just consider the solution at hand, but also how it fits within the client’s broader IT landscape.
Shape the desired enterprise architecture
- You take the lead in modeling the strategic and future-proof product & platform architecture for our clients.
- You identify trade-offs that need to be made or guarded, and facilitate decision-making throughout the process.
- You connect the dots between different technical stakeholders (client-side architects, solution & system architects at ITP, third parties …) to ensure there is a shared understanding of the overarching architecture.
Support software delivery
- You support ITP’s solution and system architects in defining and building the more detailed areas of our envisioned architecture. You help them see the bigger picture, and facilitate decision making between ITP and the client where needed.
Be an active contributor to our engineering community
- You stay up-to-date on important evolutions in technology and architecture and make sure to share them with our clients or teams where relevant.
- You use your experience to mentor and coach engineers and other architects.
- You have a proven track record as an architect in a similar role, spanning multiple years.
- You're an expert in the principles of Domain Driven Design (DDD) and the principles, opportunities, and challenges of modern architectural paradigms such as microservices and event-driven architectures.
- You're familiar with highly regulated contexts (healthcare, finance,..) and relevant legislation (GDPR, ePrivacy Directive,..), and you understand how they can affect business and delivery. In particular, you understand the challenges posed by creating secure software and how to manage them.
- You understand the challenges imposed by Conway's Law and you are able to explain its importance to both technical and business stakeholders.
- You’re a good communicator that can facilitate a debate and that can explain complex topics in a simple, understandable way. You're fluent in English (speaking, understanding and writing), and preferably also in Dutch - French or German are considered a plus.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, embrace change and learn from past experiences. Drawing on a whiteboard to facilitate a debate comes naturally to you.
- You have an excellent understanding of common software engineering practices (CI/CD, DevOps, Shift left, ...) and architecture modeling practices.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open to feedback from your teammates.
- You have an affinity with designing and engineering top-notch digital products.
- You thrive in a flexible and dynamic working environment.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.