In The Pocket is a digital product studio that creates digital products and offers services that support digital product development. We position ourselves as a true partner for our customers, focusing on their business success and delivering high quality digital products by applying state-of-the-art industry best practices. As of 2019, we’re an ISO 27001 certified company, underlining our commitment to information security.
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for an IT System Engineer to support our efforts to continuously improve and scale the quality, reliability and efficiency of our IT infrastructure and our IT operations. Are you the one we’re looking for?
Daily management of our network and infrastructure
- You are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and administration of our network (WAN, Firewalls, Switches, VPN’s)
- Continuously improve the quality, security and reliability of our IT infrastructure (intelligent monitoring, log aggregation, incident management, disaster recovery, …)
- Configure, deploy and maintain applications, servers, storage and network solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- You think about the needs for our network and infrastructure in consultation with the IT team
- Make sure our infrastructure and tools are documented
Assets, users and roles
- Take care of our employees and manage the IT Support requests with your knowledge of hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain the tools used within In The Pocket (Okta, Atlassian tools, Google Workspace, GitLab, …).
- Together with the IT team, you manage daily operations like on- and offboarding, asset management, patch management and improving documentation, …
- You have experience or interest in Linux, MacOS, Google Cloud and Terraform. Experience with Ansible, Docker or Kubernetes are big plusses.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking comes naturally to you.
- Good communication skills, customer centricity and teamwork are part of your DNA.
- You’re driven by continuous improvement and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo with new ideas (or to be challenged by others). You value continuous, smaller improvements over discrete big bang changes.
Do you recognise yourself in the above? Then we look forward meeting you!
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.