As a solution architect, you’ll be in charge of designing, documenting and validating the technical architectures of the mobile products we engineer. Do you have a passion for engineering delightful digital products? Are you an advocate for attribute-driven design and clean code? Do you like to interface with technical peers from our clients? Do you love working in a multidisciplinary agile team, using the latest technologies and with a big focus on quality? Then don’t hesitate & apply now!
- As a the solution architect of a team, your primary responsibility is to design, document and validate the technical architectures of the products being engineered in your team.
- Day to day, this means translating functional and non-functional requirements into a sound architecture. Documenting, updating and communicating this architecture, ensuring everyone in your team understands it.
- You’re the primary technical contact for the products engineered in your team. This means interfacing with technical peers from our clients or architects from other teams, to collaboratively clarify requirements, design the best possible solution and identify risks.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- Bachelor in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or equal through proven experience)
- You’re a good communicator, fluently speaking, understanding and writing in English.
- Excellent understanding of common software engineering practices (OO design principles, modern design patterns, git, TDD/unit testing, code documentation,... ) and software modelling practices (UML, EER, Swagger... ).
- Excellent knowledge of common protocols and technologies, such as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, OAuth, SQL, WS, MQTT,...
- Good knowledge of secure coding practices, open source licenses or important relevant legislation (privacy, copyright).
- Good, broad knowledge of mobile development platforms (iOS, Android, Xamarin, React Native, Flutter) and their ecosystems.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, embrace change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your team mates.
- You have an affinity with product design and engineering top-notch digital products.
- You’re able to handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.